Sunday, August 28, 2011

Interlude

***  UPDATE 9/10 ***


I am back from doing an emergency 'extract' of my son.  Turns out the guide we entrusted him to was less than ethical.  On top of that, to extract him I endured hellish conditions & became hypothermic and only my training and my son's skill kept me from tilting over the edge.


My son and myself are well, home, and now I am reflecting on it all.


It is never easy.


_________________________
Hello All:


I am heading to the wilds of Alaska for two weeks.  My son is an apprentice guide and we have not seen him for 3 months -- so off I go.


August was a very troubling month.  In short, an adoption blew up on us.  

2 comments:

  1. Just caught up with the news ... hope all is well with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Will

    my son is doiing his best to eat our fridge & drygoods in one sitting, has taken 3 x 2 day showers and seems very happy to be around his annoying sisters

    I, however, find that my recovery from things like this takes far longer ... I am not what I used to be (and often wonder if I ever was :) )

    Jake

    ReplyDelete